Abacus (plural form of Abaci instrument) is a manual aid to calculating that consists of beads that can be moved up and down on a series of rods in a frame. The abacus itself doesn’t calculate, it’s simply a device which can be useful for calculation.
Mental maths is a form of calculation which is solely done by human mind using mental power or performing mathematical calculations mentally, without using any physical instruments. Abacus helps us in visualisation of mathematical problems. Abacus is useful in KVA skills that are Kinaesthetic, Visual and Auditory.
Advantages of learning Abacus:
- More development in Left & Right brain
- Develop Brain beta wave frequency formation
- Improve calculation skill
- Improve Keener sense of sight, hearing and feeling
- Improve concentration and absorption power
- Improve imaginative skill
- Improve memory power
- Increases self confidence
- Improve Hand-Body-Listening-mind co-ordination
- Improve academic performance in all subjects